To be honest, not a lot has gone as “planned” this winter so far. (The thirty day challenge ran into some major roadblocks. I’d make a list of those things but it would be a bit longish.) Here’s the major challenge though.
The Major Problem With The Retirement Plan?
I decided to take several more steps towards retirement and whacked a bunch of projects off my to-do list. One of the projects I whacked was the ebook upgrading one.
The ebooks are still good value for the cost (imho) so why spend the money/time when I’m taking steps to have my next mid-life crisis and increase my creative focus. (I’ve lost track of what number this is but I do know I’m into the double digits on “mid-life changes.”)
Remember my basic question in retirement – “If not now, when?”
Instead of Upgrading Ebooks
Instead of upgrading ebooks as a primary project, I asked myself what other projects or changes I’d like to make in a more general way.
I sacrificed a lot of trees in the notebooks I used to explore my retirement future. However, the outcome was to get a good hold on what “retirement” is going to mean to me moving forward.
As an aside, if you’re considering or are retired, let me suggest a similar project and answering this kind of question. “What would I do if I only had 1 year, (1 month, 1 week or 1 day)?”
My Retirement Planning Started To Gain Some Focus
I want to do (in “no” order of importance)
- A bit of stone carving (sharply)
- Clay sculpture (messily)
- Wood carving (silently with no barking) 😉
- Writing fiction (imaginatively)
- Dry stone walling (heavily)
- My garden (bountifully)
- Reading (voraciously)
- Education courses (widely)
- Garden blogging (opinionatedly) but on a “when I feel like it” timeline.
- Supporting Ms. Mayo in her creative life (lovingly)
- Maintaining my physical health (decidedly) and reporting on the 5.0 project
- Whatever is new and novel I discover (wondrously)
- My family (happily)
- And yes, upgrading some of my garden ebooks.
Note my health, family and Mayo have precedence and that shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. Also, I’m not sure how this fits into the 30 Day Challenge idea so I’ll have to get back to you on this.