One of the functions of an “About” page is to show there’s a real person behind the keyboard on any given website. So…
- Douglas Green is a … (boring)
- Award-winning writer … (boring)
- Happily… With … (boring)
- Lives… on an island off Kingston, Ontario Canada in summer and …(boring)
- Has written – insert stream of 32 book titles here – (boring)
- A full-time writer since 1998.
- Is curious about almost everything
For the record, I’m not hiding those other pen names. I’m not ashamed of them. I don’t share them for purely technical reasons because I don’t want overlap/bleeding in search engine results from either Google or Amazon between those small adventures and the rather large footprint my garden websites tie to my name.
The other two are fiction under other names (there was already a Douglas Green writing in science fiction so I needed other names. Long story…)
It’s a bit of advice, a bit of ranting, a bit of… Well, whatever seems to grab my attention at the moment.
I’m a real full-time writer, doing the best I can to carve out a meaningful and interesting creative life. And in my opinion, doing a decent job of it. (But yes, there’s always room for an improvement)
p.s. if you’re not having fun, you’re doing something wrong.